New construction: water, irrigation or reclaimed meter installations
Please select one of the following forms corresponding to the area where the meter installation is intended to take place. Use our interactive map to assist you in finding the right form.
Outside Poinciana Villages
Inside Poinciana Villages
- A Utility Availability Letter must be issued to you by Toho prior to using the meter installation link below.
- All meter installation requests go through the Enhanced Utility Services Program (please see details below)
Need a hose bibb on a meter?
Hose bibbs (stand pipes) can be added to your water meter installation requests. We’ll install them along with the requested meter. It is the builder’s responsibility to dispose of the hose bibb prior to final inspection. Hose bibbs are not available for meters in multi-meter vaults.
Meter and hose bill installation and charges
- 3/4" meter $325, hose bibb - $50
- 1" meter - $400, hose bibb - $50
- 1.5" meter - $674, hose bibb - $50
- 2" meter - $1,000, hose bibb not available
Terms and ConditionsExpand All
Toho will release water meters for installation for all projects after receipt of the FDEP water clearance. FDEP sewer clearance is no longer required for meter installation release.
The project cannot connect to a sanitary sewer prior to receiving FDEP sewer clearance.The current fine for an illegal connection is $300 per connection.
If the project is found to have illegally connected to the sanitary sewer system, the developer shall be responsible to have the entire sanitary sewer system cleaned at their expense and cleaning witnessed by the Toho construction inspector. Any Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSO’s) that occur prior to Toho acceptance of the system are the developer’s responsibility and the developer may be responsible for any fines and corrective actions administered by FDEP and/or Toho.
Toho will require the downstream manhole (either the junction manhole prior to the lift station or the last manhole prior to sewer leaving the site) be plugged. The Toho inspector must witness the plug being installed.
After FDEP sewer clearance is received, Toho shall witness the sanitary sewer system being cleaned and witness the plug being removed.
Meter sets will be conducted within 10 – 15 business days (sooner when possible) from the date of meter fees being paid.
Once meter is set, billing will begin. Potable meters will incur water and sewer charges even if the site is not cleared for sanitary sewer use.
Before submitting a meter installation request make sure the property is ready for meter installation following the requirements below. A property requesting a water and irrigation/ reclaimed meter must be ready to have both meters installed. All meter sites must be ready to avoid failed meter set fees.
- Address must be clearly marked on the permit box.
- Water and irrigation services must be exposed.
- Before a meter can be set the builder is responsible for having the meter box installed and ready for the meter to be fitted.
- Meter installation area must be free from trash, clutter, building material, debris, or any other obstruction that would prevent meter installation.
- Service lines must be pressurized.
- Location of sidewalks and driveways must be clearly marked.
- It is the developer’s responsibility to protect the meter box and meter during construction. If meters or meter boxes are broken the cost of replacement is the developer’s responsibility.
- Invoicing for damages due to neglect will be paid by the builder prior to release of the certificate of occupancy (CO).
- It is the developer’s responsibility to ensure the water meter box is set to grade with the curb stop facing up and accessible prior to requesting water meters.
- Service lines serving multi-family and multi-tenant commercial properties must be connected to the meter vault(s) prior to this request form being submitted.
- Builder installed irrigation systems will require a separate meter.
If the meter cannot be set because any of the above items 1 – 11 are not met, a Failed Meter Set Fee shall be assessed as follows:
- Single Family lots $100 per visit
- Commercial and Multi- Family projects with 8 meters or less: $100 for the first meter, $50 for the second meter, $25 each for the next six meters
- Commercial and Multi-Family projects with over 8 meters: $300 per building
Enhanced Utility Location Services Program (Mandatory for Poinciana)Expand All
Toho has implemented an Enhanced Utility Location Services program. The program is designed for meter installation requests that require an on-site study for water and sewer infrastructure.
Each meter installation request throughout our service area may be subject to the Enhanced Utility Locate Services program. Builders additionally can also voluntary elect to request the services offered by this program.
Mandatory for Poinciana Villages:
The Enhanced Utility Location Services program is mandatory for the Poinciana Villages area. This requirement is due to the frequency of issues encountered in this area regarding service line/lateral location and availability. Toho is actively conducting locates in this area, both in response to service availability requests and on select properties with a high likelihood of development.
To cover the costs associated with this program, the following fee structure has been designed and will be applied to each meter request as applicable.
- Infrastructure Locate (per requested meter) - $182
- Emergency Infrastructure Locate - $480
- MOT (if applicable) - $50
What it all means:
Infrastructure Locate (per requested meter): An onsite study is conducted and documented to confirm presence of water and sewer infrastructure including sewer laterals and water service lines. An infrastructure locate is done for each meter requested. An infrastructure locate takes approximately ten (10) business days to complete for each meter.
Emergency Infrastructure Locate: When an infrastructure locate is requested to be expedited.
MOT (if applicable): When a Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) permit is required from Osceola County. This permit allows us to deviate vehicular/pedestrian traffic in order to conduct the infrastructure locate safely.
No tap or bore needed: Water and sewer infrastructure is complete. Meter installation can proceed.*
Tap needed: Sewer infrastructure is complete but water infrastructure requires a tap and service line. Toho will perform the tap. The current fee for a needed tap is $755.00. Meter installation will proceed once this is complete.*
Bore and tap needed: Sewer infrastructure is complete but water infrastructure requires a bore and tap. Toho will perform the bore and tap. The current fee for a needed a bore and tap is $1,624.00. Meter installation will proceed once this is complete.*
Water infrastructure needed: A water main needs to be installed. The builder will need to submit their construction plans to our engineering department and is responsible for the water infrastructure installation/cost.
Sewer infrastructure needed: A sewer lateral and/or sewer main needs to be installed. The builder will need to submit their construction plans to our engineering department and is responsible for the sewer infrastructure installation/cost.
*To have a meter request finalized, all applicable charges must be paid prior to meter installation. Once payment has been processed for the requested meter our goal is to complete the installation within fifteen (15) business days.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 407-944-5000 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.