Goals of our Annual Sponsorship Program
- Support organizations primarily in one of these five categories: Environmental Stewardship, Social Services, Investment in Youth, Community Outreach Programs or Community Events.
- Increase sponsored organizations' accountability.
- Select organizations having the greatest impact within the community we serve.
- Provide our Board feedback regarding each organization's effectiveness
- Provide guidance to new organizations interested in participating in future years.
- Encourage the packaging of sponsored events together in one sponsorship with a total requested amount rather than individual sponsorships.
What we do not sponsor
- Organizations that are not public charities - tax-exempt under paragraph 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
- Political candidates, committees or organizations.
- Churches and religious or sectarian organizations, unless engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community.
- Organizations that discriminate against people because of their age, race, creed, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or national origin.
Sponsorship submission deadline was July 15, 2023 - The next Call for Sponsorships: summer 2024
- All submissions will be reviewed by an internal panel and given scores by a review committee to assess alignment with Toho and its role in the community.
- The Toho Board of Supervisors plans to approve, amend or deny the requests, if it so chooses, during the September board meeting prior to the start of the fiscal year in October.
- Applying organizations are notified of the decision by email in September. Score sheets will be available upon request for organizations to improve future sponsorship submissions.
- Sponsored organizations should plan to submit a brief report and may be invited to present it to our Board of Supervisors covering their sponsored event(s) and overall goal achievement status sometime during the fiscal year of the approved request.
Request a sponsorship
Please use our convenient Sponsorship Application Form to make your sponsorship request.