Fulfilling your requests
The requested records will be provided in a reasonable period of time under normal conditions and in accordance with applicable law. Some public records contain exempt and/or confidential information that requires redaction prior to release. If the requested records are exempt and/or confidential from public records disclosure, the requester will promptly be notified in writing regarding the statutory citation.
If time constraints prevent the replication and distribution of the requested records within the specified time frame, the requester will be contacted and informed of the progress.
How to make a request and feesExpand All
Public records request form
You can use our public records form to make your request and it can be delivered in person, by mail or emailed.
In-person or by mail:
Toho Water Authority
951 Martin Luther King Blvd,
Kissimmee, FL 34741
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or just call us: 407-483-3822
Requests for any and all information, data and/or records concerning plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, locations and diagrams, including draft, preliminary and final formats which may depict the location, layout and structural elements of Toho’s utilities and other facilities may only be disclosed to the following by law:
- Another governmental entity if disclosure is necessary for the receiving entity/individual to perform its duties and responsibilities
- A licensed architect, engineer or contractor who is performing work on or related to the requested Toho structures described in the attached Exhibit “A”
- Upon a showing of good cause before a court of competent jurisdiction
To request these types of records complete and submit the following:
Email them to: email@example.com
Any person requesting inspection or copies of public records are responsible for the cost of providing the records, which includes staff time, cost of copies and other costs that may be associated with the request.
For requests requiring more than 30 minutes, the requester shall be required to pay the hourly wage, including benefits, of the employee(s) time doing the research, copying the records, reviewing and redacting confidential and/or exempt information, or supervising the requestor's research. This hourly fee will begin after the first 30 minutes of clerical or supervisory assistance is completed by the employee(s).
For requests estimated to require more than one hour of an employee(s) time, a minimum $25.00 deposit will be required. The deposit will be applied to the final cost of the public records request.
The requester will be made aware of the estimated fees associated with their request and must agree to the estimate and authorize Toho to proceed with fulfilling the request. Once the requested records have been compiled an invoice will be provided reflecting the final cost. The requester must provide payment at the time they wish to pick up the requested documents.
Payments can be in the form of a personal check on a local bank, money order, certified check or credit card.
- Single-sided copies, up to 8 ½ x 14 $0.15 per page
- Double-sided copies, up to 8 ½ x 14 $0.20 per page
- Single-sided copies, 11 x 17 - $0.30 per page
- Single-sided copies 24 x 36 - $3.00 per page
- Certified Copies $1.00 (in addition to actual copy cost)
- CD of electronic or audio public records - $5.00 each
- Toho provided audio tape - $5.00 each
- Requestor provided audio tape $3.00 each
- Reprints of color photographs up to 5 x 7 $3.00 each
- Larger size color photographs will be based on actual duplication cost
- Additional charges shall be added to cover the cost of postage
- All other duplication costs shall be based on Toho's actual cost of duplication
|For more information on Florida’s public records law and public records requests visit these websites:
|The Florida Constitution
|Inspection and copying of records photographing public records fees exemptions
|General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records
|Office of the Attorney General of Florida