4 steps to getting licensed
We'll train you
Got your high school diploma or GED? Join Toho as an Operator Trainee and get your operator's license within two years.
How to get licensed:
Have a high school diploma or Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) approved GED
- Complete a Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) approved course in water or wastewater treatment.
- Once you complete and pass the approved course, you're eligible to take the State exam.
- To obtain your actual Certified Operators License, you will need to have:
- Worked at a treatment plant and document 2,080 hours of experience. This equates to one year (40 hours/week, 52 weeks/year). Your employer verifies this time.
- Once the work experience requirement has been completed, you can apply to FDEP for your Class C Water or Wastewater Operators License.
The FDEP handbook
The following link will direct you to the FDEP handbook which provides a description of the process to attain water and wastewater licensing.