Here's the schedule
Remember: No watering between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Odd house numbers (ends with 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9)
Wednesday and Saturday
Even house numbers (ends with 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8)
Thursday and Sunday
Non-residential customers (businesses, schools, government, churches, subdivision common areas, recreation areas, medians) Monday and Friday
|Split Oak Estates||
Tuesday and Friday
Monday and Friday only
|Lake Ajay Village||
Monday and Thursday
|St. Cloud||Irrigation schedule for St. Cloud customers|
The only exceptions are:
- Watering in lawn care chemicals (fertilizer, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides) as directed by manufacturer or following best management practices
- Repair and/or maintenance of the irrigation system
- Water discharged from a water-cooled air conditioning system
- Watering with a hand-held hose with a shutoff nozzle
New landscaping may be watered every day for 30 days after installation. Run only those zones that water the new landscaping. If you receive a citation during the 30 day period, please call 407-944-5124. You will be asked to provide a receipt, invoice, cancelled check, credit card statement or some other proof that establishes the start of the 30 day period.
Irrigation with other water sources
Includes: wells, stormwater ponds, lakes, rivers, etc. Your watering days and times are the same as for drinking (potable) and reclaimed water irrigation per regulation of the South Florida Water Management District.
Your water bill indicates the water services you are using in the graphs on the left-hand side and in the breakdown of charges. You are either using one or more of the water services listed below.
- Water is drinking water. If you only have water on the bill and have an irrigation system, you are using drinking water for your lawn.
- Irrigation means you are watering with drinking water through an irrigation meter.
- Reclaimed water means your irrigation system is using reclaimed water.
Toho may issue citations for the following:
- Irrigating outside of designated watering days and/or times
- Leaks in the irrigation system
- Over-watering that causes significant runoff into adjacent properties or right of way
- Watering after significant rainfall (a functioning rain sensor is required by Florida law)
Need help setting your irrigation timer?
Toho's Water Conservation team will gladly set your irrigation timer at no cost to you. To set up an appointment or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 407-944-5121.