Save water, picture that
Join us and share with us all your ideas and creativity. It's easy and the rules are simple. And the best thing of all everyone is invited. That's right, all K-12 Osceola and Polk County students within Toho's service area. Check out the details below.
Everything you need to knowExpand All
Every year the Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FSAWWA) works with local water utilities to sponsors the "Drop Savers" Water Conservation Poster Contest. Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create a poster depicting a water conservation idea, in slogan form, drawing form, or both. The contest allows students to promote water awareness and the importance of water conservation in their daily routines.
- 8 ½" x 11" white drawing paper to make the poster. Use a portrait or landscape format.
- Use crayons, color pencils, paint, markers, photography or computer graphics. Just make sure it all fits on the 8 ½" x 11" white drawing paper and have the letters and message large enough to be read easily. (BTW: For this contest highlighters do not work well.)
- Entry form must be completely filled out and taped to the back of each poster.
- Students must work on posters individually otherwise the poster cannot be entered into contest.
- Each poster must portray a water conservation idea in a slogan, drawing, or both. To help we've attached a page of tips and ideas.
- Please encourage as many students to participate in the contest as possible. Suggested selection criteria are relevance to subject, creativity and originality, not just artistic abilities. Winners of the local contest will be forwarded to the statewide contest and notified.
- Please do not incorporate copyrighted material such as logos, characters or names in your posters. Also any computer graphics and photos must be the student's own work. Otherwise, we won't be able to enter them.
- Student's name should not appear on the front of the poster but only on the entry form.
- Remember to attach the completed entry form to the back of the poster with transparent tape.
- Submissions grant Toho Water Authority the right to use artwork for other promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
Grade divisions for the contest are as follows:
- Division One: Kindergarten – First grade
- Division Two: Second – Third grades
- Division Three: Fourth – Fifth grades
- Division Four: Sixth – Eighth grades
- Division Five: Ninth – Twelfth grades
Each school must submit all entries to Toho Water Authority (951 Martin Luther King Blvd., Kissimmee, FL 34741) by the first Friday in March. Arrangements can be made for posters to be picked up from participating schools.
A panel of Toho Water employees will select the winning posters from each grade division. The first-place winner in each division will be submitted to the statewide contest to represent Toho Water Authority.
Besides appearing in the calendar, the grand winner's school will receive $500 in art supplies. Also, the school with the most entries will receive $250 in art supplies.